Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sew what?

Most people that know me well know that I do not consider myself a seamstress or even a person that sews. I've been known to use a lot of staples, safety pins and duct tape to repair a loose hem, the occasional hole in a pocket or an opened seam. My mother was a phenomenal seamstress so I never had to be!

Therefore, it is with great sense of irony (and a bit of surprise) that I am happy to share that I have a project and accompanying article included in the upcoming issue of  Sew Somerset.



I can't really say it without laughing nervously and didn't want to announce it until I'd actually seen it in print because I still can't quite believe it. But I have now seen it and it's real!



Whoooo knew I would be so excited about sewing?

This owl, unfortunately, did not make the cut but was necessary for the pun. You can see the deer, the rabbit and several others when the magazine hits the news stand (or your favorite book or craft store) on June 1st. 

Thank you to Natalie Way and everyone at Stampington for including me in this issue - as you can see I'm a little excited!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love the owl, so I will have to look for the magazine to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta schedule a trip to the bookstore to get this issue, Renee!!! I'm thrilled for your success and and the fact that you pushed yourself and grew new, creative wings!!! (Pardon the pun!) Way to go, Girlfriend!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing such an interesting information as I like owl very much. The way you present the owl is really fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3