Sunday, May 15, 2016

Prayer Flag Update

I was going to post my May prayer flag and realized I skipped posting a few of them along the way so this will be a prayer flag update post.

The theme for March was "Gratitude" with an inclusion of French Knots. For my painted version I made French knots around the edge of the heart. They are not perfect but they are passable enough to count.



I did a fabric version for March as well using bit and pieces of assorted vintage doilies, dresser scarves, lace and ribbon and stamped the word "Gratitude".



For April our theme was "Play" and the inclusion was ribbon. On my first flag I used acrylic paint and made assorted 'playful' marks and sewed several strips of sari ribbon across the bottom.


For my fabric version I used fabric strips from a garland I made for my daughter's bridal shower. I finished it with a mini garland stamped with the word " Play" and strung on a ribbon across the top.


Our May theme is "Imagine" and the inclusion is beads. Once again I started with more of a mixed media version. I used acrylic paint, markers and gel pen on the center piece and then stitched it to the flag with my sewing machine. I made the beads out of Sculpey clay and painted them with acrylic paint.


This brings me up to date with flag posting - thanks for looking!




3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE your flags, Renee!!! It's awesome to see all of them . . . . each with their own, unique personalities and techniques!!! ♥ Truthfully, I'd never be able to pick a favorite 'cuz they're all so wonderful!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3