Monday, April 25, 2016

Find your tribe...

The prompt in the Colour Me Positive weekly challenge group for this week is by Danielle LaPorte - "Find your tribe. Love them hard".

As I was tossing around ideas of  how I wanted to do my journal page this week I was really moved by the shared mourning and outpouring of love and respect by all of the fans mourning the death of Prince this week.

I don't know how it's been in other parts of the county (or world) but of course here in Minnesota there's been quite a bit of local news coverage and there seems to be a united sense of loss. Along with that has been such gratefulness for the mark he made on the music industry in Minnesota as well as the millions of memories people have shared about him or how he marked an event in someone's life.

Prince's life was a perfect example of the quote. He'd found his tribe of fans and they certainly loved him hard. I would assume he felt the same toward all of them or he wouldn't have been able to keep doing what he spent his life doing.

I sort of incorporated bits of that emotion into my page this week. My original intent was to depict a woman with bright facial markings, jewelry and adornments. I switched it up with a nod to Prince into shades of purple with a few drops of purple rain in the upper corner.


 Find your tribe. Love them hard.


6 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Effie - I was having one of those spells thinking I was silly for dreaming - thankfully I'm mostly over it!

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful tribute, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece, Renee ! I love your art !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Corrie - right back at you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3