Thursday, October 22, 2015

according to plan... not so much!

My last couple projects have taken so much longer than planned and this week's flower project was no different.

I bought a pottery flower a few weeks ago and, of course, after getting it home I wished I'd bought a couple more so I thought I would make some with polymer clay. How hard could it be, I thought.

I started out forming all the little pieces. No problem, going great so far.



Next I baked them and that was all fine - still going great.



When they were cool I painted them with enamel paint - still going great.

I was excited, they were looking so fun. After letting the paint dry I popped them in the oven to set the paint. But when I pulled them out of the oven, half of them had lost all their color! Hmmm... 
(note to self - next time read instructions on the paint bottle)! 
I had to repaint them all and this time did not try to set the paint in the oven.

OK, now on the the finishing work. Of course that took way longer than expected also. I spent an entire day assembling them and floral taping the stems. 

My quick little project turned out to be a 3 day ordeal but they look kind of cool in my latest "paint your own pottery" vase.




5 comments:

  1. Definitely cool and I'd say worth the time involved. They look amazing in the vase.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool indeed. I'd say they were well worth the learning curve. Not only are the flowers adorable....but that vase rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool indeed. It is amazing how everything takes so much longer than you think. So glad you saw the project through to the end. Love the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely love the vase! The colors and designs are vibrant. It's very attractive! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Renee! These are terrific!!! They've got a lot of personality and pizzazz -- just like YOU!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3