Monday, August 17, 2015

Excuse my absence

Gosh, it's been such a long time since I've blogged anything I debated over even posting today. Obviously the "yeas" beat the "nays" and here I am....

In the Spring I worked on a big (big for me anyway) sewing project that sort of took the wind out of my sails for a bit. I guess I was so excited about it that when it was finished after several weeks it was sort of like the let down after Christmas or much-anticipated birthday, I went sort of blah for a bit.

To the rescue, Tammy Garcia of Daisy Yellow fame once again hosted her Index Card a Day (ICAD) challenge; that kept me occupied during June and July.


I won't post all of the 61 cards, just a few from the pile. If you have never played along with this challenge I would strongly encourage you to play next year. All it takes is an index card and whatever medium you like to use. 



I started out the ICAD challenge using a variety of paints, markers, stamps, etc on my cards. Toward the middle of the challege I got in the habit of working on my cards in the evening while watching TV. I have a little basket with a bag of markers and a tin of pens, pencils and such that I can carry around the house with me. In the marker bag are several Permopaque markers that I had really not spent a lot of time using until now. While doing my ICADs I finally started using these markers and my Sharpie paint pens and got hooked. 

 

I ended up with a great system. I would get several cards prepped with gesso and acrylic paint or a little paper collage and keep them in my basket so in the evening I could just grab a card and finish it.
Here is a group of cards that I prepped one day.


Here are the same cards after finishing them.

 

The challenge is over for this year but I am still playing on index cards and am still hooked on the Permopaque markers by Sakura. 

I am currently in between projects and I never like that feeling of not having a purpose. I will be searching about for a new challenge and hopefully I will be a better blogger too (possibly)... 

Until next time...





4 comments:

  1. great job. don't you just love permapaque markers?!?!!! i've been using them for such a long time and i just LOVE them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... Nice to see you back....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin all of your index cards..I tried to keep up with the challenge, but my ADD takes me in so many directions...phew....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back and back with bang, you didn't disappointed your readers. Good post, thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3