Thursday, August 20, 2015

Everything Happens for a Reason

If I ever thought much about my motto for life it would probably be that everything happens for a reason; we may not always understand the reason right away (or ever) but there is a reason.

I just got home from having lunch with my brother and sister in law, Arvid and Shirley. While we were waiting for our meals, Shirley handed me a pretty gift bag. She said she saw this and thought of me. As I opened the bag she told me the story behind the gift.




Shirley and I have thrift shopped together quite a bit and she knows I am always drawn to hands. She is also and avid garage sale shopper, so when she went to a garage sale of a woman (Kathy) and saw these hands she bought them for me.

Have you ever met one of those people who, for one reason or another, almost feel like they have a more direct line to God? Well, for me, Kathy is one of those people. She has touched my life in many ways over the years and each time I've always felt a spiritual closeness with her.

A few years ago Kathy worked at the assisted living facility where our mother spent the last months of her life. When Mom passed away it was during a shift that Kathy was working and it has always been a comfort to us knowing that Kathy was taking good care of Mom as she passed.

So when Shirley went to Kathy's garage sale and saw these hands she bought them for me as a reminder that Mom was being lovingly cared for by Kathy's hands as she left this earth. 

When Kathy put those hands on her garage sale she probably didn't put a whole lot of thought into it. But when Shirley bought them and now gave them to me it all came full circle. 

Everything happens for a reason.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3