Saturday, May 2, 2015

Week 18 of the Documented Life Project

The Documented Life Project theme for the month of May is Touchy Feely (Texture) and the challenge for this week is Fabric. I'm not good at sewing but tacky glue works just about as good as a sewing machine with fabric so this was fun.


The background started out with rubber stamping with acrylic paint. Next I used Adirondack color wash spray and Dylusions spray through the diamonds stencil which turned out darker than I'd wanted so I followed that up with a coat of gesso and then dabbed some butterscotch acrylic paint around with a paper towel.

I painted her face and then added my fabric pieces. The dress started out with muslin that I stamped with acrylic paint and then I added bits of lace, ribbon and a clothing label from my stash. For her wings I took inspiration from a feather I had done on the opposing journal page. I used a bit of the same muslin that I had stamped with acrylic paint and cut the shape of feathers which also tied in with the quote I wanted to use "feathers appear when angels are near".

I added a few spring flowers because it's that time of year and finished with a little pan pastel shading and some flecks of black ink.

Thank you once again ladies from Art to the 5th for all of your work in the Documented Life Project - you are appreciated!


3 comments:

  1. Love this ! Beautiful colours !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and full of magic- saw your work in the latest magazine as well- congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3