Friday, May 1, 2015

Before the Ink is Dry

I am sneaking in just under the wire with this week's Documented Life Project. The challenge for the week is "Before the Ink is Dry".

I had a very different idea when I started out with this one but it was not to be.

In the beginning I drizzled acrylic ink onto newsprint paper but I got way too carried away. So, while the ink was still wet I inverted the newsprint paper onto a printed background page leftover from last week's play with the gelli plate This is what I ended up using for my background.



Next I used another leftover piece of gelli paper and cut out the shape of a feather. I didn't like the way the feather looked directly on the background so I added a page from a dictionary as a layer in between.

In keeping with the theme I tried to ink up the dictionary page with distress inks in blue and yellow. Pretty much all I did was make a mess so before that ink was dry I hit it again with a Stazon ink (there is a reason I do not make a good rubber stamper). I am not sure why I did not just grab a new dictionary page but I used this slopped up one. 

After the dictionary page I glued the feather down and then the quote. Finally I added a bit of outlining and detailing.

3 comments:

  1. it looks wonderful, renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Renee. I've heard that about feathers quite often too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous piece of work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3