Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Happy Couple on the Sea

One of the monthly challenges that I like to play along with is at Art Journal Journey and the challenge for this month is The Sea. Another challenge I like to join is Mix-It Monthly  and the challenge there this month is A Happy Couple.

I decided to combine the two challenges so while working on this page I was thinking about a happy couple on the sea. My first thought was a happy couple on a cruise ship, but I had no interest in trying to draw a cruise ship. Next I thought about a happy couple of Sea Gulls - much better!


After I had the Sea Gull couple out on the sea waves it still felt like something was missing. I got thinking about our nephew and his beautiful fiance getting married tomorrow - perfect - I turned the Sea Gulls into a bride and groom.

12 comments:

  1. This is a loveley couple indeed ;) so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing piece and so funny how they sometimes come together ;) I also adore the gorgeous texture in the waves!!
    ♥ Conny Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, love your happy couple on the waves. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just GORGEOUS Renee.. I love your fabulous couple and how great that the page is meant for Art Journal Journey Challenge! Fantastic to have you with us again!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great page! I love the way you have created the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic page,Love the cute seagulls.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous art. Love her pink hair and the choppy patterned sea and his wedding hat and the expressions on both their faces.
    It's a marvellous illustration for "The Sea", thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These two are adorable and definitely in love!! Wonderful so fun, love the whimsy... I have your peace girl posted to my paint trolly and I enjoy her daily! Thank you very much!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet seagulls ~ a happy couple, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowww, das ist eine schöne Seite, gefällt mir sehr gut. Süßes Pärchen.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3