Wednesday, February 11, 2015

when enough is enough



The challenge for the Documented Life Project this week is "When Not To Stop" and the prompt is "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough". Sometimes when you're working on a journal spread it's hard to know when it is finished. You can just keep layering and layering; one thing leads to another and so on.

I thought this would be a good week to takes pictures of each layer as I went along. Here is a step by step of my spread for this week.






Step 1 - acrylics and gesso
I used these pages throughout the week for my leftover paint from other projects.


Step 2 - handmade stamps and black gesso

Step 3 - add papers and ephemera

Step 4 - stencils and color wash sprays
I got carried away with the pink spray - gesso to the rescue!


Step 5 - gesso to tone down and blend
Still a bit more pink than I'd wanted, but better than it was.


Step 6 - add image
I wanted to try doing a paint over and had this face in my stash.



Step 7 - acrylics, gesso and paint over face


Step 8 - details with pens and markers

Step 9 - add quotes and a bit more detailing


 I found this quote by rumi and it got me re-thinking the prompt. I could have just posted a selfie with the captions "I am already enough". But, since I already had the page this far by the time that idea hit me, I just added the words "you are enough" around her head.

As you go about your week remember - you are already enough!

Thanks for visiting my blog.





4 comments:

  1. Beautifull art piece! I just love those colours! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the step by step photos. I am new to DLP and art journaling. Your work has inspired me tremendously. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3