Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mix It Monthly - fabric challenge

This is a journal page that I made for Piarom's Mix It Monthly challenge which is "fabric" for February.



The page began as a page that I used to blot leftover color sprays from stencils. I kind of like the idea of leaving the white space. Usually I have a hard time not covering every square inch.

For the fabric part I used a piece of muslin that I'd used a while ago to practice image transfers onto fabric. I enhanced it a bit with ink and stitched around it a few times then glued it to the center. I took another muslin scrap and used Stazon ink to stamp the word "fly" and glued that as well.

Finally I finished the page with some marks and doodles.


10 comments:

  1. Fun! I really need to drag my sewing machine out of storage so that I can do things like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, Renee! Sooo love seeing sewings in a journal :) I wish I had a machine too, to use this kind of technique! Your bird looks awesome, seems the transfer has worked very well!
    ♥ Conny Mix It Monthly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is really lovely in every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful; I also like fabric and stitching on my projects and really don't use it enough !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful page. I like your addition of fabric.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    I am an admirer of your artwork from Stampington & co publications.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art - so delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is awesome! (and i can relate to the White space thoughts... but it Looks good. we should practise that more often...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ray ban factory outlet store Laughed reach http://www.kennadyco.com for the glass, and said he was afraid to do, we drink. Right right right, we fear that he is doing. Younger who have a toast, wish sale Chiaki ray ban factory outlet store million set ray ban factory outlet store dominate the political arena. sale hear the cheap's blessing two could ray ban factory outlet store not help a black, I was not the discount ray ban sunglasses West undefeated. Satiated, a group of people out of the crooked blah .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3