Wednesday, February 4, 2015

new journal pages

I finished 2 journal pages today for various online challenges.

The first one is for a monthly challenge at www.communitythrive.com. The challenge is "square".

I started with pages from a piano music that I use for leftover paint. I cut the pages into several different sized squares and then glued them to my page. Next, I painted the girl in the square and then finished with the detail work enhancing parts of the initial paper layer.


On the opposing page I had the same initial layer of squares but for this page I was focusing on this month's challenge at Art Journal Journey which is "Bird, Beasts and Humans". I chose birds and here is the page I came up with.


I did a bit of detail work at the bottom pulling images from the under layer similar to the opposing page with the girl in the square. Then I painted around the birds with black gesso and used a white pen to add a few doodles.


Thanks for stopping by!







11 comments:

  1. I love how the pages for the two challenges work with each other! I love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pages are gorgeous, love the birds, and the girl looking out of the frame. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fantastic - this spread is beautiful!
    Thank you for linking to Art Journal Journey!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee your pages are so wonderfully made, love the colors, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fantastic spread! love the birds with their striped legs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your page! I love the doodles in the background and the girl looking out the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you use colours and patterns together with your main subject.
    What a great pair of birds with their striped legs.
    The girl in the frame is terrific too, a really interesting way of painting a portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful journal spread. I love how different the two pages appear, yet how the background ties them together. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birds are precious! Love your work!

    Hug Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. oakley sunglasses sale uk Street broken oakley sunglasses sale uk leg that half of his face is handsome. Hold back the urge oakley sunglasses sale uk to draw her a slap in the face, sunglasses pocket and cheap oakley sunglasses uk pulled out a man of exquisite glass two inches long, filled with milky white liquid, in the sunlight, it is gentle but shiny. oakley sunglasses sale uk was overjoyed, but http://www.witchita.co.uk efforts filled with modesty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3