Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy Holidays

I hope you are in the midst of a wonderful holiday season. We were so blessed to share our Christmas with Jonah, our first grandchild, this year. He is just about as perfect as they come (and yes, I am a little biased).


Jonah and his family left today to go to his other Grandparents' house to continue their Christmas. I was afraid I would be a little lonesome and then the mail came...

I am happy to say that I have 2 pieces included in the January/February issue of Somerset Studio magazine. My copy arrived today and I am proud and honored to be among the artists in this amazing issue. 


Both of my pieces are for the Somerset "lilac" challenge. The first is an altered altoid tin with a small journal inside featuring my mother at various stages of her life. This is a picture of the tin with the journal.


The second piece is an exploding box that I made after taking an online class with Misty Mawn. 


You can see the entire journal and better pictures of the exploding box in the magazine which will be available January 1st at your favorite Barnes & Noble, Joann Fabrics or other craft store.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on having TWO pieces in Somerset Studio! I *think* Gramma's are allowed to be biased! Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family....and two wonderful projects. Congrats on all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A creative Grandma , lovely family and wonderful art! I'm very happy to have found your blog! I will be searching my back issues for your art! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I saw this box in the magazine, thought it was terrific - and still do.
    The tin and your little journal sounds and looks such a lovely idea.
    And I like the idea of making something on a lilac theme. This may have given me an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3