Tuesday, July 8, 2014

the ICAD challenge continues...

Day 29 - This started out with quite a colorful acrylic background but by the time she was finished most of it was painted over.






Day 30 - I used this card for a dual purpose. In addition to my ICAD for the day I used it for the new Mixed Media Monthly challenge which was to use spray inks. For this one I started out with a few areas of modeling paste. When dry I used several colors of color wash spray and the finished with a bit of white ink drips and gel pen detail.






Day 31 - Tammie shared a 1-staple challenge with us and that's how this started out. However, I ended up using a few staples before I was done. The base is a strip of vintage lace that someone gave me along the line, The scraps are from my leftover palette paint papers and finished with the cancelled postage stamp.







Day 32 - This card was on my work counter and I had cleaned off my brush on it a few times. I added some spray color and a bit of detail pen work then finished by stamping with "dream".






Day 33 - I struggle with white background so this is me trying really hard to embrace the white space (you wouldn't think it would be so difficult)! The woman image is from an old book, the postage stamp from an ATC trade somewhere along the way, pan pastel circles and paper scraps.







Day  34 - A little abstract in acrylics.








Day 35 - Another collage on an acrylic background. I used paper scraps, a cancelled postage stamp,wings that were included in happy mail at some point and since the wings made me think of travel I stamped the word "journey".




Thank you for checking out this week's index cards. If you would like to join the Daisy Yellow Index Card-a-Day challenge you can find all the information here.

5 comments:

  1. oh..these are all so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative & beautiful!!! <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, and more so when I see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful artwork, I love all of them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3