Monday, July 14, 2014

Daisy Yellow ICAD challenge week 6

Here is my week 6 of index cards for the Index Card-a-Day challenge hosted by Tammie Garcia at Daisy Yellow.


Day 36 - I was feeling a little sarcastic for some reason (OK, like usual) and found this quote that still makes me laugh.







Day 37 - I started out with a plastic card and several colors of acrylic paint for the background. Once I spotted the vague shape of the bunny I ran with it.






Day 38 - This was a play day with acrylics and a little spray color and finished with text from a book.






Day 39 - Again this began with acrylics for the background, the face came from that and then I embellished with paint pens and markers.






Day 40 - This began as an abstract but that just wasn't working so it became an assortment of flowers.






Day 41 - Once again I started with acrylics and a plastic card for the background but they were really bright. Somehow once I got going it became quite subdued. When this happens I always wish I'd have pictures of the various stages along the way. Anyway... once the girl and the ladder were painted I found this Rumi quote and it made me think of my mom and how much I still miss her and it was a perfect fit to finish the card.






Day 42 - This one, like the bunny, began with a background of some bright acrylics. I sketched the deer and added a few doodles and finished it off with black gesso.




This concludes week 6 - a little over 2 weeks to go. You can still jump in and play or find more information at http://daisyyellowart.com/icad/icad-faq.html

6 comments:

  1. these are all so great!! you have such a wonderful style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, this are all brilliant. I hope you don't mind me linking to your blog as your black backgrounds inspired my card today and I wanted to give you a shout out. I really love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your Karma bus may be my favorite of all your cards for ICAD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bunny and your deer, they are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are doing a brilliant job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, love them all ! So lovely and bright and colourful !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3