Sunday, July 20, 2014

Another ICAD installment - week 7

Day 43 - A little whimsical fish using acrylics with black gesso - I am having fun with this style.






Day 44 - I used Dylusions sprays and white acrylic for the background on this one. For the focal point I used a scrap of sheet music,a bit of lace, vintage seam binding and a piece from a dresser scarf. The butterfly was in my ephemera stash and the button from my button bag.






Day 45 - A feeble attempt at monochrome - shades of green.






Day 46 - This is a collage of torn music papers with my end of the day paint smears and some dripping thinned out black paint. 





Day 47 - Acrylics and a bit of ephemera.





Day 48 - Acrylic background followed by a copy of a face from an old journal which was embellished with a crown, lace and some coloring. Finishing touches with pan pastels, inks, paint pen and tape.






Day 49 - Background started with a collage of an assorment of papers. Loose layer of gesso was then brayered over the top and followed with Adirondack color wash sprays. The face came to me first and I thought she ended up a little sarcastic looking so I searched for an odd quote and found this one by Steve Martin.



Hard to believe we are getting near the end of this project already. You can find out more information about it here.

7 comments:

  1. I love them ALL! The fish is too cool, love your "feeble attempt" of the green trees too, and those black drips are amazing, but my favorite has got to the the sweet face on Day 48's lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever and creative. I love how you mix the colors and graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are all great. for some reason my fav is 'emerge.' it grips me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, this is how you take on the ICAD challenge! LOVE your cards! I know several people participating in this challenge but their cards look like they were slapped together in 60 seconds or less with whatever was handy. I really love days 43,44 and 46. Wonderfully inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, do you do journal workshops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking Peter D. I have a couple mail art videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChu8zI9ogbemTkGo7o7NodQ but so far none specific to art journaling.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3