Sunday, June 15, 2014

People let me tell you...

Stampotique recently released a new group of rubber stamps for the Roc Nicholas line and among them is this adorable little dog.

Of course the first thing that came to mind for him was the old adage about a dog being man's best friend, which led me to thinking about best friends in general. This in turn got me singing the Courtship of Eddie's Father theme song and then after the music in my head stopped I came up with this "best friends" journal page.






In addition to the dog stamp I also used all or part of the heart vine, the bird princess and the flying heart

You can find the entire line of Roc Nicholas rubber stamps at www.stampotique.com

10 comments:

  1. love the art and love the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something so cute that is titled "Best Friends" begs the question, "where am I?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I know you like to wear the crown but I am the taller of the 2 of us so... that leaves the dog

      Delete
  3. I really love the way you have used the stamps here. Is that the dog upside down at the top - haha! very good! Other bits are great too, I especially like the way you have used the heart vine and the flying heart, and the whole composition is pretty well perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila and yes, that is the dog upside down at the top.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful, how you used the dog in different ways, very clever !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally precious pup! Must get one for myself. I especially like the way you used the back of the dog upside down on the top as a border. So creative!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3