Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Mixed Media Monthly

There is a new online challenge site called the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog. They issued their first challenge on June 1st and it is Spray inks and Mists.

I am also playing along with the Daisy Yellow Index Card-A-Day challenge so I combined the two and came up with this.




I started with a random coat of gess and then added some modeling paste in a few areas. While still wet I sprayed with Adirondack color wash sprays and Dylusions sprays. Details were done with Sharpie paint pen, ink,charcoal and pen.

Looking forward to the July challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That is awesome. I love the background. Thanks for explaining how you did it. These colors are great and your accents are just right. Thanks so much for joining us at the first Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the drips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and beautiful! Love. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool background! Love the colors and the texture! Thanks for joining us in our first Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture...The colors...I can't get enough! Super cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I love the texture and the blend of colors. I also love how you highlighted the circles. Thanks for playing along with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful! such a great mini sized piece of art. I've had fun playing along with the ICAD so far this month, so glad I found it! Thank you so much for getting inky with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow- love all the texture here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3