Monday, June 16, 2014

Index Card-A-Day challenge - week 2 complete

The Index Card-a-Day challenge hosted by Tammy Garcia of Daisy Yellow continues and has become my current obsession! Here are my cards from week 2.


Card # 8 - This card started out as the "galaxy" prompt and in my mind she was hanging the stars but it sort of lost something in the interpretation...








Card #9 - I had leftover black from an earlier card and rather than just let it dry up and throw it away i stamped some circles with an ink spray cover. I did some random stamping on the background and painted with a mixture of spray ink and glazing medium then finger painted the inside of the circles with acrylics.







Card # 10 - For this one I covered the card in gesso first the dabbed 3 colors of Distress stains. When dry I used black paint and a stencil over the top. The girl was leftover from a previous project and the book text is from a vintage Bugs Bunny book that I bought at a thrift store.







Card # 11 - The background on this one is truly mixed media. It's a little spray ink, a little acrylic paint, a little gesso and a little stazon ink. I drew the feather,painted it first with gesso, then brushed on color wash spray and then shaded with a copic marker.







Card 12 - This card started with torn strips of painted sheet music. I glued the pieces randomly  and when done I noticed this girl. She is mostly acrylics with a bitof charcoal and pan pastel. 







Card 13 - This began with a coat of gesso and then was completely covered with spray inks. But the more I looked at it I just kept thinking odd flowers so that what I did first was the flowers and then added black gesso around them. I kind of like the hit or miss application when painting the background at the end; it gives the piece sort of a grungy, vintage look that I like.







Card 14 - I painted this one after Pentecost Sunday at church 2 weeks ago.



This concludes Week 2 of the Daisy Yellow Index Card-a-Day challenge

It's not too late to join in on the fun!

5 comments:

  1. I love them all, fantastic !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the black paint in all (most) of the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Here in Holland also a cardchallenge for two months of Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absotively beautiful and unique, Renee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3