Monday, June 9, 2014

Fun with Index Cards

Last week I stumbled across the  Daisy Yellow 2014 Index-Card-a-Day challenge. It's really very simple - just create some kind of art on an index card each day through the months of June and July. You can find all the details here.

I'm having so much with these cards I thought I would share them. These are the cards from my first week.


Card #1 - For my first card I started with the optional prompt which was "prism". 
This was my feeble attempt to draw a prism. The quote is part of a larger Rumi quote.





Card #2 - Once again I used the optional prompt which was "circus tent". 





Card #3 - I thought I would try my hand at an abstract card for this one. 





Card #4 - I was going for an abstract for this one too but it just felt like something was missing so I added the bird nest. We've been keeping a list of the birds seen around our house this Spring so I guess I have birds on the brain right now. Anyway... I was happy with the way the nest sort of finished the card.




Card #5 - Back with another abstract. I recently got a few bottles of Golden paints and was having fun playing around with them. I started out with a coat of gesso then applied the new paints with a plastic card. I used watered down white paint for the circles and run marks and finished with a splatter of black acrylic.




Card #6 - This one started out to be another abstract but every time I looked at it I could see the image of a face so I finally just went with it.




Card #7 - This one started out with a random spread of gesso followed by Adirondack & Dylusions sprays. Next came some random rubber stamping and then acrylics for the tree. I shaded the tree with pan pastel and white gel pen and edged the card with black Permopaque marker.



I will be posting as I go maybe a week at a time, maybe not. Special thank you to Tammy Garcia for hosting this challenge; I'm having a lot of fun playing along. 


On another note if you are here before June 13, 2014 go to my previous post to follow a Roc Nicholas rubber stamp blog hop and make sure to leave a comment for a chance to win an ATC.

Happy Spring (I'm just giddy that our snow is gone)

Renee

6 comments:

  1. Love your index cards. I am doing something similar at the moment ; a postcard a day for June and July. It's great fun indeed !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this looks like such a lot of fun. My favourites are 4, 6 and 7 and I enjoyed reading about your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't choose a favourite as I like them all for different reasons. Love the idea of index cards what a fab way to build up a library of techniques. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards! I just requested to join the Facebook group. This looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I opened your ICAD post today (7|21|14) and loved your cards for the week. I've been skipping these posts as I see so many "slapped" together in 30 seconds cards. Your cards are awesome and I had to come all the way back through to see all that you've done so far. Kuddos for some actual art with this challenge! You are going to have a fabulous collection of little artworks here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3