Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Learning to Fly

This is my first official post as a member of Roc Nicholas' Rubber stamp Design Team. I thought I would start out with a brief history of my stamping experience. I say brief because that's what my experience is... brief.

I have a lot of rubber stamps. I see them in the craft stores and always think that I can't live without them. Then I get them home, put them in the case and most of them never see the light of day again. I have a few favorites that I use over and over again for a background layer and forget about the rest. That's why I am looking forward to this design team experience. I'm hoping to come up with clever uses for rubber stamps in my art journaling for more than just background interest. Thank you for your patience with me as I learn...

 
This journal page uses Roc's Bird Princess stamp and learning to fly stamp. I've added a different head, skinny striped legs and a pair of boots to the princess and I separated the learning to fly words.
 
 The background is acrylic paints, the ruler is a decorative tape and the shading is pan pastels.
 
This next page is just a little fun because sometimes I have a weird sense of humor.
 
 
 
This page features Roc's Screaming Bunny stamp inside the bottom cup from Roc's Stacked Cups stamp.
 
All the featured stamps are available at www.stampotique.com.
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
Renee
 

 

7 comments:

  1. you are so clever! i LOVE your sense of humor! wonderful uses for my rubber stamps! you did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roc. It's a fun learning experience!

      Delete
  2. love your style and humor! keep on stampin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh Renee! I'm just waking up to the fact that you have two blogs! Yep, I just crawled out from under that rock! lol I'm anxious to watch your progress with this new design challenge. I can always use inspiration for using stamping. I have some stamps I look at and think...why did I even buy it? That screaming bunny is a little frightening, but you've been quite clever with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie. The hope is that since I am not a "regular" stamper that people will see my pages as another way to include stamps in their artwork. As for the second blog, no - just this one so you don't have to keep track of me twice (unless you want to).

      Delete
  4. I totally love that screaming bunny Art journal page. Your work is wonderful and I am sure you will thrive on Roc's DT team!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3