Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I did it!!

I did it - I completed my final face for the Gritty Jane 40 portrait challenge. And, of course, I will share the final group here...


Number 36 - the background is, once again, pieces of painted sheet music. Her wings are pieces from a napkin. Her hair was a little dowdy so I added a few white dots.




Number 37 - This playful girl was for the optional prompt "window". Someone asked me if she is looking in or looking out - what do you think?


Number 38 - more of the napkin butterflies in the background here. She seems to be having a bit of a bad hair day.


Number 39 - I'm not sure why I can't get her tipped rightside up (and am not going to waste any more time trying - if it bothers you just tip your computer sideways). Too bad too, I kind of like her. Anyway, the background squares are a foam stamp that I made - it reminds me of an old mosaic window or something.



Number 40 - I really wanted to go out with a bang rather than a whimper but she is the face that showed up and I gave her a crown of approval.

This was a big challenge - I'm happy that I did it but am just as happy to have it completed. I used a medium sized Strathmore visual journal for all of my portraits and there was one page left at the end so I thought I would finish it off with one last face.












2 comments:

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3