Friday, June 28, 2013

3 girls

I have been trying to focus on being more intuitive on my journal pages. I'm trying not to put so much thought and planning into the page; just start layering color and mediums and let it happen.

That is what I did with this piece. I looked at my background for awhile from different angles until I saw the outline for these faces begin to emerge for me.

 
I got the girls this far and thought I could be finished but there really didn't seem to be a point, just a trio of similar faces. So, once again, I looked at it for awhile from different angles and this is what happened next.
 
 
They are still just a trio of faces but I think they each have a little personality of their own now and I am much happier (and it's all about keeping me happy, right)!
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
 
Renee
 

6 comments:

  1. great job renee! love to see how you work. so glad journaling makes you happy whether you think about it or just go with your intuition....it's all about the process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roc. You are correct - there is no right way or wrong way to journal <3

      Delete
  2. I SO wish I could paint faces like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tami - I'm a work in progress! I have a long way to go but it's sure fun practicing :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful -- I too wish I could make faces like you!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy and you can do it too, just take that first step. It's really fun to look back at your progress.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3