Saturday, February 23, 2013

is "earworm" one word or two?

I've been really loving playing with these 'busy' backgrounds for my jorunal pages lately and see no end in sight. Yesterday with this one all I could think of was The Beatles song "Blackbird".

There's not a whole lot of lyrics to the song but it's one of those you can't get out of your head for long after you've heard it. When I was studying the background this little black bird emerged.



blackbird singing in the dead of night

This page doubles as my entry for an art challenge at www.communitythrive.com. The challenge this time is to use 'kitchen stamps' and for this piece I used the tines of a fork, shelf liner and a toothpick for some of the background marks.
 
Thanks for stopping by - I hope you have a good song in your head for awhile today too... admit it -
 
you were only waiting for this moment to arise...
 
 

7 comments:

  1. omg - i LOVE that song!!! i sing that all the time.
    great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song is a favourite of mine, especially when my son plays it on his acoustic guitar.

    Thanks for the ideas for what to use for kitchen stamps. I was standing in my kitchen wondering what I could use to textures in my visual journal!

    I continue to enjoy your blog and art in the magazines! Thanks for sharing,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, you always leave the most encouraging comments - thank you!

      Delete
  3. Just stopping by after seeing your lovely layout in SS - I love the fun whimsical style to your art! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'm glad you took the time to check out my blog too!

      Delete
  4. This is just lovely with that fantastic colourful background and the blackbird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3