Monday, October 29, 2012

ETC journal pages

I have a long, beautiful counter space in my art room that I just love. I can have several projects in various stages of completion at any given time and have room to spare. However, when you have all this space sometimes it's just more area for the clutter to accumulate!

I decided a few days ago that I was going to make some ETC (Eliminate The Clutter) journal pages. The only rule for my ETC pages are that the majority of the page has to be from all the excess papers and images laying on my counter.

This is the first spread I've completed.

 
 "each has to enter the nest made by the other imperfect birds" rumi
 
All of the background papers were left over from other pieces. The face, tree  and butterfly were in a pile of extras from ATC trades that I've been saving for just the right piece. The hanging bird nest is K & Company and the bottom right was stamped on muslin and colored with spray wash and marker.
 
I barely made a dent in the piles on my counter so I will be coming up with ETC pages for quite some time!
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Renee



 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to use your stuff! Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to clean up! Now when questioned as to what we are doing, we can say, " Oh, I spent the day cleaning up clutter. " Our friends and family will feel our " Pain", and maybe take us out for supper for a break, but actually we spent the day creating art. It seems like a win-win situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the way you think (must be the name)! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Renee, I love your colorful and creative blog. Your spread here is fabulous. I have not heard of ETC before, so thank you for introducing me to that.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri. Glad you stopped by and took the time to say hello. ETC is just something I made up to make it seem more fun to clean up my work space and create something all at the same time.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful way to tidy up, your page is stunning and I love the quote. I think you may start a new cleaning revolution!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb - thank you! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. I sometimes do this too but haven't for a while, hence the messy desk! Your page is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3