Tuesday, August 14, 2012

more altered renaissance

I've been playing in my art room almost all day today. My fingertips have no grooves left, they're covered with gel medium. My arms are full of color wash overspray and I have conspicuous gesso blotches in several places - what a FUN mess I am!

I'm really hooked on altering renaissance portraits right now. This is one of the pieces I worked on today.



This is my altered version of Portrait of a Lady by Piero del Pollaiuolo.

I hope you get to play at whatever makes your heart happy today too!

Thanks for stopping by.

Renee

8 comments:

  1. she is great. i hate getting my fingers dirty from anything except gel medium and glue! aren't those days fun?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't visited for a while and I've been having fun catching up . . . I love your journal pages. Incredible!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie - glad you were able to swing by

      Delete
  3. Love it... What a cool thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Effie - nice that you took the time to stop by, i know you always have alot going on, i appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Hi there! your art is beautiful! I would love to feature you on my blog. Will you let me know if you are interested?

    Sincerely, Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I was just browsing through your work on flickr and feel the same - I love your style!
      I would be honored to be featured on your blog - thank you <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3