Monday, July 9, 2012

would you change?

Our journal prompt from Roc for July is "what is one thing you would change about your life if you could?".

I thought alot about this one. My initial thought was to change something about my looks. I thought maybe I would like bigger eyes or a smaller nose. Healthier teeth would be really good; so would a smaller butt or a bigger chest. Maybe thinner, curlier hair or hairless legs (don't we all wish for that)! But all these things are just superficial and really, once we are out of school and stop comparing ourselves to our peers these things become pretty unimportant.

So my next line of thinking went to the intagible side. I often wish I were wiser. I have to say I am wiser than I used to be but have such a long way to go. Along the same line of thought I know I have room to be kinder. Sarcasm flows way too easily and freely sometimes but I'm learning little by little to be rein it in. I feel like I am pretty accepting of diversity but of course there's always room to grow. I suppose I could pick just one of these things however I feel like these are things I've been put on this earth to learn.

I am a work in progress. The place where I exist on this day is the result of every experience, every wrinkle, every gray hair on my head.

I've met people who've seen kindness and understanding in these green eyes. I've contributed to a few dentists' retirement funds along the way. I've learned to try to be patient with those who need it. I've been a friend.

So after much consideration I would have to say in answer to the prompt "what is one thing you would change about your life if you could" I would say "not one thing".


You can join the prompt journal challenge at http://www.flickr.com/groups/1570781@N20/

Thanks for stopping by...

Renee

5 comments:

  1. how awesome. i wouldn't change one thing about you either because i love you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thought out!! We are who we are for a reason...and it's WHY the one's who love us....love us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee, loved reading your post, you are wise, kind, funny and loads more, so you are so right, life is a progression, as long as we keep moving on, that's the main thing.

    Your page is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3