Saturday, June 30, 2012

dual duty

I am a multi-tasker. Sometimes out of necessity but most of the time because I tend to lean toward the lazy side.

When I go to the grocery store I like to get my bags carried into the house in the fewest possible trips (without breaking the eggs or smashing the bread, of course). Sometimes I have myself so loaded down I can barely hoist the sacks onto the counter when I get inside.

I bought my son 12  pair of socks all the same style so I don't have to try to match them up from the dryer - they all match. Whatever makes life easier.

So when I saw the technique challenge on Little Glimpses Studio this month was stencil and/or mask I thought I could make a piece that would serve dual duty for the challenge as well as for an upcoming Stampington challenge. This is what I came up with.



For the background I used the ledger stencil from Crafter's Workshop and Adirondack color wash spray. On the foreground I used punchinella and modeling paste and the flower stencil with modeling pasted tinted with acrylic paint.

You can join the Little Glimpses Studio challenges too at http://littleglimpsesstudio.ning.com

Thanks for looking...

Renee


2 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel....(I do the same thing with groceries btw).. never do something that you can't get a bigger use out of!! Nice going...it's a great multi tasker project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous renee! i giggled with the grocery bags...i do the same thing but usually smash the bread! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3