Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gluebook Round Robin - Book 1

In my previous post I mentioned the Gluebook Round Robin that triggered my Altered Renaissance journal. This week I received my first book from one of the other players. Here are the 3 pages i did for Annette's book with the theme of "imagine art".



This featured hand image is from Tumble Fish Studio and the quote is from Ralph Waldo Emerson. When I saw this quote I thought it was just perfect for Annette's 'imagine art' theme.




Of course I seem to gravitate to something zetti-ish. The light bulb always makes me think of bright ideas so perfect to stimulate your imagination. This light bulb is from Crowabout Studio at deviantscrap.com. The legs, heart, arms and wings as well several border pieces are from Tumble Fish Studio and are available at deviantscrap.com as well. For the background I used some of my new Dylusions spray inks which was fun. I need a little more practice with them to figure out exactly how they will best suit my needs but having a ball figuring that out.



For this last page thank you to mixiepixie on flickr for the body and Terri Kahrs (Pringle Hill Studio) for the wings and hat. Hopefully the bright page will spur someone's imagination for art when they look at it.

Thank you, Annette, for trusting me to play in your book. I look forward to the next book that arrives in my mail box.

Thanks for stopping by...

Renee

3 comments:

  1. great job with those pages renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, great design and color combination.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3