Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How many mothers-in-law does it take to change a ight bulb?

I am going to be a mother-in-law. That sounds so strange to me but I am looking forward to it.

Our future son in law, Phil has been full of surprises! He started by enlisting the help of my friend, Sue to get us to a place where he could come and ask our permission. We were 2 hours from home having dinner at an Italian restaurant when all of a sudden Phil walked in with a boquet of flowers and a huge grin.


Need I say any more?  I love that he went to all the trouble of asking our permission. I love that he did lots of things to make the engagement special for Andi and I love that he makes her smile.

I spent last night with them and finally go to see her ring, checked out a couple possible wedding venues, discussed guest lists,  did some wedding idea brain storming, etc. It was lots of fun and Phil is so patient! Good thing there is plenty of planning time before next May!

That also gives me lots of time to research mother-in-law cliches; I plan on living up to every one of them!

So...

How many mother in laws does it take to change a light bulb?
One - she just holds the light bulb up there and waits for the world to revolve around her!

I love it - watch out, Phil - I'm getting geared up :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Renee

2 comments:

  1. Oh huge congrats to you Renee, he looks a lovely fellow!!! You are going to have so much fun planning the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations renee! i'm sure you're going to keep phil on his toes...AND in line!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3