Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Getting old... who me?

I know I am getting old. When I was a little kid it used to make me crazy when my mom and my aunts would talk about how fast the time flew by. All the while they're carrying on about time speeding away I'm wondering if somehow I missed a birthday party or something because as a kid the time seemed to drag.

Well, the time isn't dragging anymore. January flew by and it's already February 1st! The month of January sped away on me so I guess I'm getting old too. It was bound to happen!

Part of the reason the month of January flew by so quickly was because I am so excited about keeping up with the Book of Days project. So far I've managed to journal each day even if it's just a few words.




As you can see I crammed alot of days on this spread. If I do another set of pages with this type of background I will re-think the journaling a bit.

For this next spread I planned the journaling part a little better and pre-divided the pages into sections for daily notes. These are the pages I'm on right now and the sections make a much neater finished page.



    


Tonight I finished the following spread for next week's journey.




All images on this spread (and the fish and critter head on the one above it) are from Tumble Fish Studio. Effy's challenge to us for this week is to incorporate some type of envelope into our spread so be on the lookout for that next time.

Until then, thank you for stopping by. I hope your time passes at the exact right speed for you!

Renee

8 comments:

  1. Wow, each of your spreads looks amazing! Love them all and well done for keeping it going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love your book renee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee...those are simply wonderful pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes think about how my life will be when I'm in my 60's and think oh my gosh I'm 42 and it will be here before I know it.I think it's a natural response but it can be scary.

    Your pages are gorgeous I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think we may have touched on this subject before!! Loving your pages, they are always so rich and detailed.

    Just wanted to say hi and tell you that I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. I know some people prefer not to have these awards and I fully understand if you do not want to accept. If you do, check out my blog for details and to grab your 'button'.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely, inspiring, work. Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pages look finished before you actually finish them. With finishing them I mean filling them up with journal writing or photographs - the things you prep the pages for. As one previous poster says: rich colours, I would add rich contents, very attractive to look at. I often go back to your older work too. Never boring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3