Monday, November 28, 2011

Changing Seasons

The seasons are changing just like they do every year but this year, for some reason, I've been noticing a recurring color combination on some of the farms that I drive by on a regular basis.

I've been noticing the gray metal of outbuildings that are tinged with rust amid the leftover burgandy and green shades of the overgrowing vines and the fallen leaves. Not being a person that loves this time of year it really surprised me that I was so drawn to this color combination. But I've found 2 scribbled notes in my purse now with this same color scheme written down so rather than ignore it, I used the combination for the background of my latest painting.


My family is dealing with some personal decisions regarding what is best for our elderly mother (age 93) so it helps to think of this line from the song by Lauryn Hill "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me". Whatever you may be going through or may be coming up that you are not even aware of remember He watches over you too.

As always - thank you for stopping by

Renee

4 comments:

  1. love you artwork renee. love the thought behind it, too. i am praying for you and your family. decisions like those are always hard to make even when we know what is best. god bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Renee! Yes, yes, YES! As one of my art teachers would have said, "You've opened your eyes and are beginning to 'see'!" LOVE that you've noticed those wonderful colors on the tin. You've done an awesome job with this pretty piece.

    Many prayers are winging their way to surround you and your family. My favorite quote has always been "See the lilies of the field . . ." in tough times. Helps to remind us that Someone is listening. ♥ Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Renee, what an amazing piece this is, this colour combo is amazing. I love the girl's beautiful face, the way you have done the eyes is so expressive, just stunning!

    My prayers go out to you for the difficult decisions you have to make, but your faith will help you to make the right one for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3