Thursday, September 8, 2011

what moves me?

the journal prompt from roc for this month is "what quote moves you in your everyday life".

I have several quotes or affirmations that move me so I just had to decide between sarcastic or serious. This quote by Erma Bombeck is probably the one that I think of most often. While I'm losing time in my art room when I should be doing some necessity (vacuuming, dusting, etc) I remind myself that life is short and I don't want to waste any of the gifts God gave me.




This piece sort of serves a dual purpose. The unspoken (yet implied) motivational quote for the page is "always be the brightest bulb in the box"! 

I hope you are using all of your talents. Thanks for stopping by...

Renee

image credits for this piece:
borders & butterfly, NOW - Tumblefish Studio
borders & legs - Nancy Baumiller
wings - Pringle Hill Studio
head - land of nod
"destination unknown" - Norma Frances
seagulls - iHanna



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my "freubels-freebies". Renee. I hope you create some realy amazing designs using them !!
    Hearth greetings from Holland,
    Rian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your page is awesome renee! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, I just LOVE your Zetti's AND Erma Bombeck. How I used to love reading her columns!!! Great wisdom!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this page. I clicked over here from the comment you left on Terri's blog....you both are so very inspirational!

    ciao bella

    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page Renee! Love that quote, and you've just encouraged me to stay in my craft room instead of getting the ironing done - LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love all your art!! Love the quote too, very inspiring my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Journal page. Have flickrmailed you. May have found a fix if this posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, me again, I don't like that much it doesn't say who I am. But I suppose it means I CAN leave a comment. I will just have to remember to sign ity and you will have to do without my smiley face :0). Sigh, this is so frustrating. Cindy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3