Friday, September 30, 2011

Mixed Media Mayhem = fun, fun, fun

I've been busy the last couple of weeks taking an online class with Roben-Marie called Mixed Media Mayhem. I finished the coloring part of my last page several days ago and just about have my hands clean now - it's been so much fun. In case you are interested you can sign up for the class here: http://paperbagstudios.com/rms/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=a36ijhvlonbqkgavatvcp7edf1n

Here are a few of the pages I'm working on:


I still need to complete the finishing touches on the pages but that can be an on-going process as I journal on them. There is a little bit of sewing involved and everyone knows I HATE to sew! But the little bit of sewing in this journal is well worth the effort.

I am having fun just paging through and getting lost in the colors on each page and the texure almost feels like a well-worn leather - I love it!

Of course if you know me at all you know I can never do anything without taking it to excess. This holds true for these pages. I made more than enough pages to make a second journal so with one of the extra folders I made it into 4 small journals that turned out kind of cute I think. With the holidays coming up I'm hoping people at the shop will think they would be good gifts. Here's how they turned out:




Now I need to go clean up my mess so i can move on to the next project for the day. Hmmm, what will it be... gratitude journal, prompt journal, crowabout, monthly challenges, maybe a little nap :)

Thank you for stopping by!

Renee





6 comments:

  1. Your pages look amazing.. Your inspiring me to pull my art journal back out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love your little journals! your file pages look awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Renee! Your pages came out fantastic, I loooove them! I love your description , like well worn leather, that is so true!
    Your journals are super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, love your pages, the colors are so delicious, and your small journals are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog never been to one before... =) Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. YummO layers and colors Renee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3