Monday, September 19, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

Seems like life has gotten extremely full lately. First of all I've started yet another art journal. This one is my Gratitude Journal. This journal was prompted by Terri Kahrs (Pringle Hill) who had the thought that "sometimes we get so caught up in so many things that are going wrong in our lives, we forget to focus on the little things that make our lives pleasant". This is my first entry in my gratitude journal:


Of course like everyone I am grateful for my family and friends. I've spoken of my family from time to time and I imagine in the future will elaborate more on the different groups of friends as well but for today I wanted to focus on a couple of the other gratitude items on my list.

First of all I am excited about renting a space at an art/antique shop downtown. I am still working on the layout of my booth so pictures to come soon but I think it is going to be a fun experience. The building is from the 1800's and comes complete with several spirits and tons of character. If you find yourself in the Sauk Cetre, MN area make sure to stop at Main Street Gallery. The gallery is right dowtown on the original Sinclair Lewis' Main Street and right across the street from the world famous haunted Palmer House hotel.

Secondly I want to thank Marsha from Tumble Fish Studio for inviting me to join her Creative Team so expect to see lots of Tumble Fish images coming this way. Here is one of the first pieces I completed for the CT. I submit this for my first participation to the Sunday postcard challenge (here)  last week for the theme of "pink". Thank you Marsha for your vote of confidence.



Finally for today I want to say "Congratulations" and "Best Wishes" to our niece, Danielle and her new husband, Cory who got married this past Saturday. I wish you many years of happily ever after :)

I guess that's it for today but would like to finish as the post started with a reminder to develop your Attitude of Gratitude.

Thanks for stopping by...

Renee




3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see some photos of your booth downtown! love your artwork and all that you are grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great artwork Renee (as ever). Your new venture sounds wonderful - and exciting!! Look forward to seeing photos of your booth - and good luck - not that you'll need it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat's on your new booth Renee, and being a member of Marsha's team! Your work rocks, so I am not suprised!! Love your journal work too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3