Saturday, August 27, 2011

patina grandma

First of all I want to thank Mary Nasser for inviting me to her art blog hop. If that's how you ended up here today - thank you as well! If you arrrived here via some other method click the button on the right to check out some of the other players in the
 Art Blog Hop and treat yourself to some eye candy and inspiration.

Now about Patina Grandma - I started my third Strathmore Visual journal yesterday and wanted to share.




I love the illustrations by Ch Geoffroy and when I saw this one on the left I immediately thought of my husband's grandparents' wedding picture. I see so many similarities between Grandma and the woman in the illustration: her long neck and long nose, hairstyle, veil style, their expressions, and posture to name a few. So that's where the imagery came from.

As I was digging through my stash I found the plastic slide that I treated with a faux patina finish a long time ago and decided that would work. When I found the Webster's definition of patina I knew I had to use it because Grandma, like patina, grew more beautiful with age. I can only guess at that last statement since I didn't meet her until she was 83 but I was blessed to know her for 16 years and in my eyes she only grew more beautiful in her looks, her faith, and her kindness.

Back to the journal page - it is done using acrylic paints, gesso with punchinella and some edging with charcoal pencil and inks. Thank you for stopping by and may you become a beautiful patina as you age as well.

renee

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3