Thursday, August 18, 2011

no butterflies

We have a niece getting married next month (congratulations Danielle & Corey) and I went home for a bridal shower last weekend. I had a great time spending the day with my sisters-in-law. On my drive back home however, thinking back on the day, I was getting so teary-eyed I just about had to pull over and slap myself silly.

In looking back over the years it seems we all sort of went our own way. We spread out in 4 different directions and each got busy with our own lives, children, jobs, etc. Now however, the kids are growing up and starting lives of their own; jobs have come and gone; and it seems like we've come full circle. 




I think as we've grown and learned a few life lessons over time we've come to realize how much we've missed being with family. But like the saying goes "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies". Talk to someone in your family today :)

Thanks for stopping by...

Renee

6 comments:

  1. beautiful journal pages renee. hey - if you need someone to help slap you you can count on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There shall be no slapping. We all make decisions with the brains we have on the exact moment of decision making. Like your page a lot. It has a pleasing to the eyes composition and I like the color scheme. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - Roc, i can always count on you :)

    thank you both for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great journal page I like what youve done. I know where your coming from, that happens to all of us. Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, Renee!!!!! This post got ME a little teary eyed too. I'll have to be 2nd in line for a reality slap from Roc!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal page is gorgeous.. I found you through the blog hop.. I just started a art journal myself.. Not that good yet.. I need lots of practice. Your work is so inspiring.. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3