Thursday, March 31, 2011

~ Early April Fool's Joke ~

I only wish it were just an early April Fool's prank but unfortunately, it is not. I look out the window as I'm typing this to see the snow gently falling. It actually looks quite pretty and indeed would be pretty... in December! At least the weather forecast is for 50 degree days coming up so the snow will melt soon.

I got my monthly calendar journal finished on time this month so will share that today.


We love to color Easter eggs at our house. Usually I boil 5 or 6 dozen eggs and we try several different dye kits as well as experiment with regular household items (rubber bands, fabrics, q-tips, etc) so of course that would be reflected in my calendar this month.

I'm really looking forward to Easter this year because our oldest daughter is bringing her boyfriend home to meet us for the first time.

Alot will be riding on this meeting ... Will he dig in and color eggs? How will he feel about searching the house for his Easter basket? What about the plastic egg hunt? Oh and of course is he nice to our daughter, that will be a big question as well! Don't worry - I will keep you posted :)




8 comments:

  1. would make a cute movie.....daughter bringing boyfriend home to meet the parents....and all the Easter stuff you mentioned...sounds very 'down to earth' and lovely. this is a cute calendar. you always have such neat ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that journal spread is flippin fantastic woman! i LOVE it! you are always so original and think outside of the box. i love that about you! you are such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh Renee, such a cool page, fantastic!!!
    I also love how you describe your Easter celebration, - fingers crossed boyfriend fits in....
    Hope your snow melts soon.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are supposed to get a snowstorm Sunday night (and possibly have rain-turns-to-snow tonight too) - it will NEVER go away. I love this calendar page. I think if Andi likes this new guy he'll probably be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jolly pages, espescially the multicolored eggs and the funny easter bunny:-)
    Have a nice weekend,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. To answer your questions:

    1) I'll tell him that you're boiling a dozen for him so he better bring his creative pants.

    2) I think he'll probably feel a little weird looking around your house and digging into all the nooks and crannies... I mean, who wouldn't feel weird looking in a stranger's water softener, sump pump hole, oven, etc... :)

    3) If you get some dark chocolate for those eggs, he'll probably jump right in.

    4) He's the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renee! You know I love your work and now I get to see more of it! Fantastic pages as always, you are such an inspiration!
    Not too much pressure on the boyfriend, huh...ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you are here in blogland now!! Love your journal page and bunny and I'm sure you'll have an EGGCELLENT Easter weekend with the new botfriend. (Somebody had to say it). Weather - what is going on? I think we just had summer here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3