Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Animal People, what are animal people?

I've gotten really hooked on art journals lately. In the beginning I was too intimidated to even think about starting one. Then I got to thinking that it's my journal and I can do whatever I want to with it. Now I can't seem to stop!

I have a monthly calendar journal, monthly prompt journal, monthly bird challenge and zetti challenge journals. The calendar and prompt journals are books that I work in and they stay with me. The bird challenge and the zetti challenge are individual pieces that get traded so after a few months I will have a wonderful collaborative journal with these returns. In addition to these I have a couple journals from on-line classes that I've taken, a composition book journal, a quote journal and most recently my new Animal People journal.

It all started with a rabbit and has (of course) become an obsession since then.


I have a few animal people done (posted on flickr) and a few in the beginning stages as well as a few still residing in my head. I have a journal cover made for them but haven't quite figured out how to mount them in it. Once I get that part figured out I will share a picture of the whole piece.

Be on the lookout for  other animal people. Word on the street is that they're friendly but you never know when one may go bad!

Thanks for stopping by - come again when you're able
xx
Renee

9 comments:

  1. omg..there is something about bunnies i just adore! love it! can't wait to see how it all comes together. you make the best journal covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you ahve a blog, I love the little lamb and the bunnie ofcourse;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just over at your flickr and saw the first two animal people. OMG, Renee!!!! I l-o-v-e them and hope you have a whole menagerie in your head!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee! So glad to see you've got a blog - I always love seeing your work so will follow you now so I don't miss anything!!

    Congratulations on getting published in all those editions of Somerset Studios.

    Thanks for your comment on my doodle canvas too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for checking out my blog and your sweet comments. This is kind of fun :) Janny & Sherry great to see you first time visitors - hope you'll come by again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. renee...your animal people are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you Wanda :) Sorry Andi, I messed up your blue egg comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, of course you did. I don't remember what exactly I posted but I'm sure it was something quick and witty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment <3